Business

08 January 2023

Patrick Schein: the voice of responsibly mined gold

“This so-called responsible choice is actually irresponsible: recycled gold must be mixed with ethical mining gold”, explains Patrick Schein.

"This so-called responsible choice is actually irresponsible: recycled gold must be mixed with ethical mining gold", explains Patrick Schein.

07 January 2023

Gold Service’s recycled gold: an interview with Yann Bouillonnec

A consortium of investors has just bought Gold Service, a Franco-Swiss company specializing in the purchase and resale of precious metals.

A consortium of investors has just bought Gold Service, a Franco-Swiss company specializing in the purchase and resale of precious metals.

02 November 2022

5 things you need to know about the impact of gold mining on nature

L’or du Monde, the pioneering jeweler in the use of recycled gold, invited me to a lecture given by Aurore Stéphant, expert mining geologist and co-founder of the association Systext. An apocalyptic account of the ecological impact of gold mining.

L'or du Monde, the pioneering jeweler in the use of recycled gold, invited me to a lecture given by Aurore Stéphant, expert mining geologist and co-founder of the...

02 October 2022

Urgent: polishers wanted!

15 July 2022

Out of the mine into the shop window

Thanks to the purchase of rough stones, jewelers can customize the size of their most beautiful gems. It is also one solution to the challenge of traceability.

Thanks to the purchase of rough stones, jewelers can customize the size of their most beautiful gems. It is also one solution to the challenge of traceability.

30 May 2022

Nicolas Bos, CEO of Van Cleef & Arpels : passing on the skills and expertise of jewelry and know-how

The preservation and passing on of jewelry skills and know-how are major challenges in terms of helping French jewelers develop and grow their influence. It’s therefore essential to attract the talents of Gen’Z and future generations – a mission to which Nicolas Bos, CEO of Van Cleef & Arpels, has dedicated over 10 years.

The preservation and passing on of jewelry skills and know-how are major challenges in terms of helping French jewelers develop and grow their influence. It’s...

11 April 2022

Coming soon: 5 new ways to discover jewelry in museums!

The last Museum Connection trade fair showcased the extraordinary innovations setting the museum world alight. It’s time to apply some of that craziness to jewelry.

The last Museum Connection trade fair showcased the extraordinary innovations setting the museum world alight. It’s time to apply some of that craziness to jewelry.

09 March 2022

Sophie D'Agon's digital business model

16 February 2022

Branded vs non-branded jewelry: the low-down

One figure keeps coming up in studies on the global jewelry market: only 20% of the necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings sold in the world are branded – that is. they bear a famous logo while the remaining 80% is made up of ordinary, non-branded jewelry.

One figure keeps coming up in studies on the global jewelry market: only 20% of the necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings sold in the world are branded – that...

25 January 2022

Online auctions with Violaine d'Astorg at Christie's

“Buyers from Russia, China and the Middle East have fallen in love with this tool, which has suddenly given them total independence”, explains Violaine d’Astorg director of the Christie’s jewelry department in Paris

"Buyers from Russia, China and the Middle East have fallen in love with this tool, which has suddenly given them total independence", explains Violaine d'Astorg...

Experience the excitement of jewelry

Sign up for the newsletter the french jewelry post

Subscribe

You have successfully subscribed to our mail list.

Too many subscribe attempts for this email address

Experience the
excitement of jewelry

* indicates required